We’re happy to tell you that our bid to the National Lottery Community Fund Reaching Communities has been successful, and they are giving us £252,426 of this over 4 years for Advocacy Support for older people in York.
Each year the project will support between 300-350 older people. The project aims to make a difference to older people and we will be reporting to trustee, the community and the Lottery in the following areas.
At least 75% of clients report that they:
1) Feel more in control and be able to better deal with a similar situation in the future.
2) Feel that they are being taken more seriously, and that their voice is being heard.
3) Feel that their well-being has improved.
4) Feel more able to maintain their independence.
5) Feel they have been provided with clear, helpful information by their advocate.
Reason for funding: The project was recommended for funding as they are driven by the communities they support, are a key influencer in York with a strong reputation and connections with the sector as a whole, and have solid plans to extend into communities which are hard to reach.